Tuesday, February 24, 2015

New stitch pattern - Knitting

Clearly this isn't "new" if I reversed engineered it from an existing fabric. But I just worked this one out for someone on Rav who linked to a sweater and wanted to know how recreate the stitch pattern (I also happen to enjoy challenges as this). I thought I would share here as it's a rather pretty and simple stitch. Also it looks attractive on both sides.

This is a 3 color, 3 stitch, 9 row repeat

Use 3 color and work a different color each row. Trail the yarn instead of cutting if working in the round

 the stitch repeat is 3 stitches and 3 rows. but each set of 3 rows shifts 1 stitch so it takes 9 rows to complete.

this is the pattern written for working in the round

Cast on in multiples of 3

CO in multiples of 3

1. s1wyif, p, k
2. k, k, p
3. p, k, k

4. k, s1wyif, p
5. p, k, k
6. k, p, k ,

7. p, k, s1wyif
8. k, p, k
9. k. k. p

If you are working flat this is the written pattern

1. s1wyif, p, k
2. p, k, k
3. p, k, k

4. k, s1wyib, p
5. p, k, k
6. p, k, p

7. p, k, s1wyif
8. p, k, p
9. k. k. p

Here is a chart. I didn't number the rows and you can use it for flat or in the round. Bold is the pattern repeat. I wrote the slip stitch as keeping the yarn on the right side of the fabric in case anyone uses this for flat work. Keeps it from getting over complicated.

No comments: