Sunday, September 27, 2009

Tatting a draggon

So the bookmark is done (will post later). twisted some of the chains but Oh well, it was a learning experience!

Anyway I've decided to tatt a draggon. It's a bit ambitious for a 2nd project but I am not worried about mistakes... that's how you learn. i figured out how to tie in the ends as I go (at least for the begining of the strands).

Well I figured out the SSSR and did the body just fine. I could stand to have my rings closer together but Oh well, I'm plenty happy with the results as far as it being a 2nd project. I gotta go and figure out the wings though. I think I screwed them up somewhere. But the body went smoother than I expected. These are fun little dragons to make and I'm sure this won't be my last!

Here is the PDF pattern for the dragons Flying Minor Norwegian Dragons

No comments: