Thursday, July 30, 2009

lacy knit pattern


I was playing around with my yarn and needles. I like the lacy stitch I use for the kerchiefs but it stretches irregular then I cam up w/this crazy simple stitch pattern.

This is basic fagot lace

Cast on a odd # of stitches.

every row for a rectangle shawl/stole

(k2tog , yo) repeat to end, k last stitch

simply repeat this row for every row

to reduce into a triangle

row1: k2tog, (k2tog, yo) repeat to end, k last stitch
row 2: k2tog, (k2 tog, yo) repeat to end, ending on a k2tog

Repeat row 2 untill your last k2tog

I used size 13 needles for the 1st photo this which make it a very open and airy stitch. I am making this into a stole, I think it will be pretty.


If you desire to knit this point up.


cast on 3 stitches.

row 1: k1, yo, k1, yo k1
row 2: k2, yo, k2 tog, yo k1
row 3: k2 yo, k2 tog, yo k2
row 4: k1, yo, (k2tog, yo) repeat, k last 2 stitches
row 5: k1, yo, ( k2 tog, yo) repeat, k last stitch
row 6: k2, yo (k2 tog, yo) repeat, k last stitch
row: 7: k2, yo, (k2 tog, yo) repeat, k last 2 stitches
row 8: k1, yo, (k2 tog, yo) repeat, k last 2 stitches

repeat rows 5 - 8 till desired width and length.

No comments: