Sunday, May 24, 2009

knit pocketbook slippers

These are super easy and a great beginner project. They are super stretchy and I have used this same pattern for my self (11D with in men's), my daughter and my aunt and they fit each of us just fine. I originally got the pattern here: http://knitwits-heaven.tripod.com/pocket_book_slippers.htm but made a slight adaption to the edging directions on both the increase and decrease sides.

Pocketbook slippers

* #7 needles (I actually used #6 because my needles were mislabeled and that is what the ones in the photo were made with)
* Worsted weight yarn

cast on 5 stitches
knit 6 rows

Next: K1, yo knit entire row. Do this for each row until you have 22 stitches on your needle

Next: increase each stitch. 44 stitches on your needle

Next: K2, P2 each row until you have 6 inches of ribbing.

Next: K2 together across entire row. you now have 22 stitches on your needle

Next: K2 together, yo, k2 together. knit remaining row. Do this until you have 5 stitches on your needle

Next: Knit 6 rows.

Finishing:

sew together the ends of the strap

fold in half and stitch ribbing together to create the heal and toe.

No comments: